9.24.2008

I finally got my siesta. I barely made it through Spanish class. I was seriously dragging. As soon as Carla said adios, I went straight to my bungalow and curled up in my bed. I woke up because I pulled my nose ring out of my nose in my sleep. Don't ask me how I did it. It occurred to me that I definitely did not bring a back-up so if I lose this one then my nose will close up. I know this will upset Christina Serra if no one else.

After my siesta, I grabbed my Environmental Sociology book and went and found a hammock to read in. As I was reading, so many birds came to hang out with me. There was this one hummingbird that freaked me out because its little wings are so freaking loud and it was right behind my head. There were a bunch of others and they were all very chatty, but I managed to get through my chapter.

At 5, we had a community service orientation with Sarah #2. At the meeting, we were introduced to the FOURTH Sarah that arrived on campus today. She's here until next week I think. Dean flipped when he found out that there is a fourth Sarah on campus. But anyways we have all this different opportunities to get plugged into the community, and I'm so excited to get started.

Dinner was at 6. We had this fancy salad with raisins and avocado, veggies with beets, this fried deliciousness that I think was some sort of local veggie with ketchup, rice and beans, and flan. I think the flan had green beans in it. It was really weird. But everything else was incredible, as usual. Then I tried the hot chocolate for the first time. They have it out every night, but I'm more of a coffee girl so I hadn't tried it before. It is ridiculous. As Cayman so eloquently put it, you can taste the cow fat. I copied Abby and did a half-coffee, half-hot chocolate. It was really good.

After dinner, we went and watched Sicko with Dean in the indoor classroom. Oh Michael Moore.

Today I rocked my high blue hiking socks and a green bandana. Unfortunately, everyone saw right through my attempt at hiding my disgusting hair.. Oh well. I looked cool just the same.

My bug bites have significantly gone down in swelling and level of grossness. Go me.

I'm really upset because I feel like today wasn't a very exciting read. Tess told me today that she read one entry of my blog and needed a break. Ouch! So I will spare you, and bid you adieu til tomorrow.

peace love and cow fat

No comments: