9.24.2008

buenos tardes, muchachos.

This morning Cayman and I got up to go milk the cows with Ontonio, but he was already done by 6:08! He said they didn't have a lot of milk this morning, and to try back at 3 for the afternoon milking. I was so bummed. Then we went through the botanical garden in search of some animales, but had no luck with that either. So we ended up at the student union on our laptops until they served us breakfast. I think this morning was the best breakfast yet. They served us these crazy huevos that were like fried eggs in a bowl in this orange sauce that were so so delicious, and rice and beans with the salsa verde, fresh frutas, tortillas with sour cream and salt, and coffee. Oh my gosh I just went to town it was so good. After breakfast was Environmental Sociology with Dean, my main squeeze. Today we talked about why the heck our population is so outrageously huge and about our carbon footprints and offsetting those. Good stuff. Dean's carbon footprint is 12 earths! He makes me feel good about my life. At 10:30 we met for English class. We read like 50 poems today and did this exercise where we had 10 minutes to write a 10-line poem using a certain phrase and 5 words from a given list. I did not perform well under the pressure, but whatever. Tonight we have to write 3 or more haikus so hopefully I don't screw those up too.We just had a delicious lunch of rice and beans and salsa verde, salad, veggies, beef (eh.. not so much on the beef for me) and warm banana bread. Seriously I cannot get enough of that stuff. It's amazing. I also had more coffee. I am averaging at like 4 cups a day I think... but it's okay because their coffee is half-caff. So no worries.

I drink tap water here. It's really delicious because it's legit mountain spring water fresh out of the spring. So go me.

The sky was so incredibly blue this morning when we got up. It's usually so cloudy, but today it was just gorgeous. Now, of course, it's raining, but the sunshine was nice while it lasted.

I wore socks in class today because I am wearing my sweet hiking boots, and Dean was rather taken aback. I feel I should stay barefoot for his sake.

Tomorrow night we have our first dance lessons with Geovanny and I am SO excited! We are going to learn to do all these different dances and it will just increase my hardcoreness all the more. I can't wait.

Then Friday after dinner Tia and Sarah #2 aka cheesecake are going to give a rugby workshop so that we will understand what the heck they are talking about when they go into rugby mode in conversation. Then maybe we will go out on the town. Who knows. I have a feeling things are about to get crazy, though.

Okay time for spanish class. Later.

peace love and crazy huevos.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sarah! I love reading about your days in Costa Rica! You are so funny. It sounds like you are having a lot of fun, I'm jealous! Miss you

amiee said...

Hola Muneca (this laptop won't let me do any symols when I type so you'll have to just imagine them). Estoy feliz para ti en Costa Rica. Quiero estar contigo!! Es muy divertido leyendo tus palabras. Que te vaya bien!!!

Con amor,
amiee

Kelly said...

well hello there missy!
i miss you sooo much! i hate that i can't just pick up the phone to call you! yesterday i was so tempted to call your number, but i know your phone doesn't work :(
i'm so glad that you have this blog though, b/c i always loved your xanga and reading up on all of your happenings.
it sounds like you are having such a great time, and i am so glad.
dancing class sounds AMAZING! i actually ordered the dancing with the stars dance work out video off amazon yesterday, so i'll let you know how that goes.
i want your address in costa rica, if there is anyway you can get that to me. i want to write you lots of letters and send you things so that you don't forget your kelliandra.
the office premiere is tonight and i am ubber excited! i will definantly comment on your next post to fill you in on the excellence of the show.
well, i love you! have an awesome time! and keep me posted on life in paradise :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I have responded to your emails and I thought I was ahead of you on notes sent. Are you using gmail or uga? I sent to both. Where are you sending mine? Loving the post. You need to slow down on all that dairy...you'll be hating yourself. Try your phone at a FREE wifi spot to connecting to that. You can still receive text from us. You are limited to replying.. sorry about that. ATT totally s*&^% us.
I love you. Miss you. Can't wait to see you!
hugs & kisses, the best mom ever! :)