9.22.2008

Hey hey. I feel slightly obnoxious, what with this being my third entry of the day, but it's whatever. Let me tell you about the night I had. I'll start with dinner, which consisted of beans and rice (of course), delicious chicken, salad, veggies, and the most delicious banana bread I have had in my life (besides yours, momma). But the food was completely overshadowed by the company. Tonight, Abby, Cayman, and I sat by Dean and his wife, Kathy. Love them! He wants to have us over for "high tea" tomorrow. He is freaking hysterical, and she is probably the sweetest woman ever. After dinner, I had a cup of fresh coffee- black (yes I am awesome). Then, we went on a night hike. Sarah #1 (there are three Sarahs here, and I happened to be the last to arrive so I am "Sarah #3," but do not worry I am planning my coup d'etat so that I may be given the title I deserve) led Abby, Ann, Dean, Kathy, the Holland couple, and me through the forest. We saw so so many leaf cutter ants. They were just going nuts getting leaves to grow their fungus with. There are about 9 million leaf cutter ants per colony, and we saw 2 or 3 different colonies on our hike. We also saw a fatty spider and some really cool plants and trees. My favorite was the swiss cheese plant, which is a vine that has all these leaves with holes in them. There are three theories for why the holes are there: to let sun shine through, to protect from the wind, and to fool insects into thinking that the leaves have already been chewed. Some fun facts: all bugs are insects, but not all insects are bugs. The stars here are BEAUTIFUL! Also my bug bites now have white rings around the fat pink splotches around the teensy red dots. Sweet. I have pics. And one last one: the showers are strongly lacking in the hot water department. They aren't cold like Jamaica showers cold, but they aren't warm by any stretch of the imagination. Apparently the women's public bathroom has really hot water for showers, so I will save that for when I really need it. Who am I kidding? I will probably "need" it before the week's over. Okay I have some homework to tend to, so that's all she wrote. And the wifi still is not working, so I'm sorry for those who have been desperately anxious to hear from me. I will post as soon as possible!

peace love and dean rojek.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah Mae I just wrote you a fabulously boring email but i miss you terribly and I am so happy you are having a good time in Rica. Very jealous ..
new songs for you

Electric Feel by MGMT
and Shove it by Santogold
love you mucho seniortia !

<3 HOlLY RAE

amiee said...

hey i love reading your posts...who knew you were so funny and into yourself??? LOL. keep writing! it's so interesting to read about your experiences. glad you are having fun. post pics if you can!

Unknown said...

Sarah 3! That won't last long. Love the blog! Wishing you a hot shower and less pink blotches. It sounds beautiful. Can't wait to see photos. love ... aunt j